Georgetown University, Old North
Located on Georgetown University’s main campus, the Old North building was built in 1795 and has hosted many of the nation’s most powerful leaders from George Washington to Barack Obama. As one of the oldest standing buildings on campus, the renovations to Old North included upgrading the first- and second-floor hallways, student lounge, conference area and professors’ offices. Mixed carpet and stone flooring were used throughout the lobbies to break up the space. Currently home to the Georgetown Public Policy Institute, the design intent for this historic preservation project was to refresh the exterior finishes and common areas to complement the building’s rich and impressive late 18th-century aesthetic.